Thursday, December 31, 2009

Internet dating- first date advice and safety concerns?

Tommorrow is my first date at Macaroni grill for lunch with a guy I met online via yahoo.personals. I have never done online dating and this is my first time to meet a person that I talked to online. I have only briefly talked to this guy and am scared to meet him. he claims he is a 36 year old pastor but I am worried that he is not a pastor. the thing is a friend of mine met someone online and was murdered. the person he thought he had been talking to turned out to be male rather than female and murdered him. I am so scared about meeting this pastor tommorrow. I keep thinking that perhaps he is a nice normal person who just wants to meet a nice girl. how can i make sure I am safe? What can I talk to him about? How can I find out what his real name is (not sure if chris is his real name) and what he really does for a living and if he has ever been married before without offending him? Please help me.Internet dating- first date advice and safety concerns?
See if maybe some friends can come with for dinner. You should be safe at the restaurant. Talk about many things the weather, etc. When done eating go own ways and decide what you want to do from there.Internet dating- first date advice and safety concerns?
Maybe you should suggest double-dating, or bring a friend along. What ever you do don't go alone
Dont' go!! Follow your intuition. Something is making you nervous and you need to pay attention to that.
Hi.





You are talking to a online dating veteran. Here are my suggestions. I have had no problem and this is why.





First....screen your dates. You need to talk to a person more than once...and chat with emails several times before you talk. If you are nervous it is probably because of your friend but that doesn't mean it is justified. You must have some attraction to this guy so it can't be that bad.





Since you have committed to meeting (kinda fast in my mind) then good that it is for lunch. Don't go anywhere alone with him. Stick to public and remain relatively impersonal. I doubt you need to worry about murder. But there is always a possibility of crazy personality or stalker or the like. That is why you don't rush things. It helps you understand what makes a person tick.





Can't figure out why you think he might not be a pastor Just the fact that you are concerned really raises a flag to me. Did you not ask why he hasn't met someone in his church? He is in a public position. Then again he could be shy and you are just overly concerned.





Meet with him and get it over with. Consider it experience and don't do it again. There is a strong possiblity that he won't be the one...so follow my advice.





Remember that you may want to chat with 1 to 10 in 100 people. Of those only 1 in 100 should you want to meet. Of those 1 in 10 will like you and honestly be interested in a relationship. The rest will have their issues or the wrong motivation. It is just how life is. Online dating isn't so much different than real life. In real life you are careful...and online be careful.





Although I have a boyfriend I didn't meet online...just remember that finding the right person matters more than how. He should think the same way.





I found a boyfriend online a couple times...and all I can say is that time is the revealing factor. Don't rush...the answer will come.





Don't give your last name or address till you know for sure.





Now smile and put your best foot forward...don't let your friends unbelieveable sad death scare you. And if it still does...don't date online.
All I can say is be careful. The only thing I can think of is go to a public area and see if a friend will go with you. I mean make it seem like you came separately and stuff like that. And don't go anywhere with him by yourself. Make sure your friend can see you. Make sure you don't take him to your house and of course don't go to his. And make up a signal that will let your friend know you feel uncomfortable and that you want out of there.
before you meet with him tomorrow make sure you have let someone know where and when your to meet. After you have met with the individual and find that he is who he stated he was you can continue to move in any direction you feel is comfortable. Have a text message ready to send in your cell phone so that if he is not who you thought he was send the text telling the individual to call you, excuse yourself and move quickly to the door exit right. I met my girlfriend online after we had spoke almost everyday on the phone and we've been together for over a yr.





good luck
I really don't know what to tell you just be very careful an good luck.....I hope it work's out for you..
Glad you are o.k. I have had weird experiences too. One guy I was keen on when I met him didn't act interested in me and kinda interviewed me. I thought maybe he was married but then again he gave me his work place phone number, his home phonenumber, address, everything checked out but I really feel he was using me for his job research of problem solving and solutions. We discussed a problem I had for the whole date rather than regular date topics. I think he was just doing research.





It is a risk everytime you meet someone. I have had to take a lot more risks lately to make the date better as it was getting stale just meeting for coffee again and again. Any way I usually find out as much as I can about them if I can. I find they lie oftern about income. I went out with a guy last week that said he made 150K and had really bad teeth. I haven't met any well educated professional men who make good money that dont put some care into their teeth without they are very old.





Be careful and let someone know when you go out with people. Emai at least a week before meeting. If they ask you arogant questions, delete them.
First don't go to that date by yourself, bring a friend for a safety measure. If you can get more info on him you might be able to do a background check on him. There are a lot of sites online that can give you info on a person , but you do have to pay and prices can vary. Good luck and be safe.
my first advice is meet at a public place make sure you let other people know were you'll be at u never know when a weirdo comes along and make sure not to tell him where you live or any info that can help him in stock u. oh %26amp; 2 asure your self his guy is actually cris 4 an id. Tell him about your b-f %26amp; if he's a guy looking 4 a nice girl and nice him self he'll understand. Oh maybe a bf of yours can b at the same spot your having your date. Most inprotant don't date at night!!!!!! hope this info helps u.
DO NOT MEET HIM. If you feel you must take someone with you. Or have someone watch you
meet in a public place, and never go home with him on the first date. thats really sad if he's lying, girl what are you doing on internet dating if you friend was murdered from an internet dating sicko, but im not judging you, i hope it works out and you find true love. good luck

1 comment:

  1. Good to know about this information about internet dating and quite sure that it will be helpful for all. One of my friends is a gay and he is quite interested in finding a partner sharing similar interests. He is quite keen towards Gay Hookup and trying to help him out.

    ReplyDelete