Sunday, December 27, 2009

I started to date this guy and he said that he wanted space already help me with advice?

We work together and he talks to me all the time he said that he didn't really know what he wanted because he is just going through a divorce.He is a nice guy and I really like him alot but I don't know what to do.He looks at me as if he wants to be with me but I backed off.I started to date this guy and he said that he wanted space already help me with advice?
he probably does feel attracted to you on some level but backing off would seem like the right move here for two outside considerations.





1- he is getting divorced and is probably very conflicted- think about rebound x2 for every year he was married (ok- maybe i made that up- but it illustrates a point that a divorce is more than a normal ';i just broke up with my sig other).





AND MOST IMPORTANTLY:





2- he si a CO-WORKER WHO IS GETTING DIVORCED.





all of the issues you will have with a co-worker and the risks are magnified because there are already potential problems. you are essentially walking into a mine-field without a metal detector.





want to take the risk and you feel he is worth it? fine, but he is emotionally unstable because of the divorce (if not then i would wonder why and that speaks poorly of his character and emotional development), and you have the usual hightened pressure of an ';office'; romance which makes things worse.





especially because with what he is going through- he will need time here and there to work things out on his own from time to time.





my magic 8 ball says ';outlook not good';.





never defy the 8 ball.I started to date this guy and he said that he wanted space already help me with advice?
Start flirting with another guy in front of him.





If he gets angry, it means he really likes you. Then he'll rethink the whole 'I need space statement.';





And I don't mean start blatantly making out with other guys while he watches. Position yourself so it looks like other guys are hitting on you to him.





That should be enough to spark the jealousy bug and want you all to his self.
As he is going through a divorce- his emotions will be all over the place!





Give him his space-but don't put YOUR life on hold waiting for him.





You may get back together!





Do not let him come and go when he's feeling low during this time. This is something he has to work out for himself.





In the meantime, go out, have fun, so either way you are not left feeling used!





Good Luck!
And good that you did. he is going thru divorce which is a difficult time regardless. Give him some space as he wants, be nice to him don't get cold but then again, he probably won't be ready to commit for a time after this....hmmm..I would look for another man

No comments:

Post a Comment