Thursday, December 31, 2009

Dating advice for a friend who recently got divorced?

I have a friend who recently got divorced she has two girls under the age of 9 and she is now ready to date. She asked me about dating and sleep overs when or if it is appropriate. Me being single without kids have no idea. When is it appropriate for her to have guy spend the night?Dating advice for a friend who recently got divorced?
She has to take the time to genuinely get to know him before she brings him to her home or around her children. Children's hearts are very fragile. They will suffer worse than she does should the relationship not work out.





My ex and I have been divorced for two years. In that two years, she has brought seven different men, that I know of, around to meet my boys. Their ages are seven and three. Every time it doesn't work out between them, I have to explain to my seven year old the downfalls of a broken relationship. In the beginning, it was difficult for me to put it in terms that a seven year old would understand. Regretfully, with her help, I have become well-practiced. Also, her actions have caused my son to be emotionally closed off from guys that she brings around. In his mind, they are just going to disappear too. He also harbors some ill feelings for his mother because of this, but when he brings it up I have to remind him that he is talking about his mother and she loves him very much.





It is a delicate situation. I hope your friend makes her decisions based on the needs of her children and not just her own.Dating advice for a friend who recently got divorced?
Hard to believe that your friend ';recently'; got divorced and is now ready to date. Then to say that she's asked about having a guy sleep over? Sounds to me like she's on the rebound too quickly and with her young children she's looking for a replacement for the one she lost.





I would tell her that she is an adult and will have to make up her own mind as to when a guy should sleep over or not. Everyone has their own timetable. However I should think that she should allow her ';guys'; to know that she recently was divorced and she isn't going to be rushing into anything until she knows that he's on the up and up and not just seeking to capitalize on her vulnerability. She's got to understand that she has her children's future to think about not only her own sexual appetites.
It isn't unless she wants to set that example for her daughters.





When I dated I never brought men home until I was dating my fiance and even then we waited 6 months before he met my dd. She was 8 when we met and is now 13. After 2yrs he started staying the night but moving down to the sofa before my daughter woke up in the morning so as far as she knew he never spent the night in my room. After he proposed he started sleeping in my room.
It is appropriate for her to have a guy spend the night when he places a diamond ring on the ring finger of her left hand. She has two children and is responsible for not only their financial upbringing but their moral upbringing as well and what she shows her children is what they will learn.
It's a stretch...understood she has needs. However, she's (newly) divorced. I'm sure it's hard for the girls not having their father around anymore. If it were me I would hold off for the sake of my girls and myself. Healing needs to take place for everyone. Jumping in too soon my be a big mistake that can only make matters worse.





It takes time getting below the surface of a person when dating. Overall, sounds like she's ready, nothing anyone can say will change her decision if this is what she wants to do.
lmao @ tylers answer of never..some people geesh....well i think she can have sleep overs when she wants while the kids are with their father assumning that on some weekends they will be.....but if the girls are going to be there then i would say she should go to his house until SHE feels that the new relationship is on solid enough ground to introduce him to her daughters.....there is nothing worse then seein mom parading different men thru out the house on a weekly or monthly basis...i would wait to do this until my new relationship got serious....by the way...wish your friend the best of luck for me being a single women with kids is tough....not just financially but in the dating area as well
Personally, i don't believe that you bring men that you are dating around your children like that unless you are getting serious. If you are just dating, then it isn't appropriate as your children may become confused about these actions.
i would probable say that there should be no sleepovers because it may confuse the kids.tell her to keep the house as a sanctuary for the kids because they are hurt and confused by the situation and try and protect them as best as she can
Who does she want her daughters to grow up and be? She should base her actions around her answer to this. (and not just sneaking around and faking actions)





Children are much more perceptive than we give them credit for.
Maybe after a year of dating.
Long, long time in the future. At this point you don't even think about it.
umm never.
why asking?
when her ex has the daughters

No comments:

Post a Comment