Friday, April 30, 2010

I haven't date in 9 years. Need dating advice!!!?

I just ended a 9 year marriage. Wife cheated. I am seperated about 3 month now. I like a female friend a lot, and I know it's not a rebound feeling. Is it a turn on nowadays for guys to make an straight forward love confession? (i.e. I like you a lot, will you go out with me?) She ended a relationship about a month ago. Not sure if she likes someone else now, or still recovering. Appreciate any feedback!!I haven't date in 9 years. Need dating advice!!!?
I never been married, but I can only begin to imagine how scary and uncertain it can be to get back into the dating game after years of being out of it can be. You start asking yourself, ';Will women still want me?'; or ';Will my approach or game still work after all this time?';





If you are going to ask women out, then flirt with her first and gage her interest in you first. If you are feeling a vibe, then by all means ask her out. Just take things slowly and at her speed. Don't rush anything and don't take rejections personally. If she just got out of a relationship herself, then she might be apprehensive about dating too.





Also date and flirt with other women. Get a feel for getting back into the game. Don't hedge your bets that this woman in question will be interested in you that way. Most important:





TAKE THINGS SLOWLY!I haven't date in 9 years. Need dating advice!!!?
You probably are rebounding. Wait until you are comfortable enough to jump in. If you have doubts, don't do it. Are you divorced yet? The messy stuff is yet to come. Just wait. You don't want to get into a relationship while divorcing.
One advice is don't if on a date go on about your ex. The lady will be bored plus know you haven't go over your ex. Just be yourself. But don't be comparing any new lady in your life to your ex.
im sorry she cheated. i dont know what to tell you. but go slow.
I would be a little creeped out if a guy just came up and was like. Hey i think i love you let's go out. Why don't you take things slow. You know since she's had a heartbreak recently. And invite her out for coffee or something where you can talk. Then if she accepts keep asking her on mini dates. So that she'll hint you like her but won't be creeped out. Then you can go for the real thing and date date her. Good luck
people always say its never a rebound...but believe me it is!


I think anything goes nowadays...but women really like manners in a guy. I don't think I would tell her I like you alot,I would just ask her if she would like to go out friday nite. or something like that.
once u do it u never forget but these days we hate men who use cheezy lines to be honest dont tell em bout cha ex n her cheat'n just go out n have fun n see who picks u up.
I'm sorry to hear that, that happened to you. Try for an easy date, nothing serious, even if you are not really interested in the lady, just give it a try until you are comfortable pursuing something more serious. Good Luck.
Why don't you give yourself a little break? See how things go with you, or go different places to clear your mind and ask yourself if you are REALLY ready for a new relationship. Like me I won't go out with a guy who just seperated with a wife, I really have to make sure that he really wants to date me not because he's feeling lonely.





Good luck!
Its good to honest beacuse it means your serious and your direct, your obviously not childish in terms of asking someone out, your an adult for god sakes. Right now your in a good position with this girl because she too has had a failed relationship so that means you two have something in common. Right now just be cool about it and try to go out on a couple of dates to see where it goes and you'll be find. Good luck.
Don't assume anything. Don't take anything for granted.





Different person. Different likes and dis-likes than your ex.





Respect the differences.





Hang in there! Good luck.
start out slow, just flirt a little to get the feel of where you stand with her.
just wait
Be yourself. If you are truly wanting someone to like you for you then don't pretend to be someone that your not because you will both end up disappointed in the end. Let your personality shine. Go for it. If she is not interested then you haven't lost anything. Ask her out. Be a gentleman. Tell her that your new at this and be honest. Gals like honesty and when a guy admits hes nervous.
get off the comp and go to a library or bar or like to a movie!
well first off, sorry to hear about your marriage ending =[


but im glad you were able to move on.





so about this female friend of yours.


guys make straight forward confessions all the time...its better if you do. just ask her out to lunch or to grab a quick coffee or something and ask about her relationships and if she likes anyone. if not go ahead and tell her how you feel.





unless you say something you will never know! go for it!





goodluck!!
I don't think either one of you need to be making any straight forward love confessions at this time. Both of you need to sort of let yourselves adapt to being single. I think it would be a nice gesture to say to her, ';It looks like we are both in the same predicament. Would you like to go to dinner with me this evening?';.
You don't say how long since your marriage ended. That might make a difference to some women because they may not think you are over your wife yet. Do you know that you are?

No comments:

Post a Comment